- To encourage study, improve practice, disseminate information, and advance knowledge in Forensic Science and Forensic Medicine for public benefit.
To further these objects by:
- Holding educational meetings and seminars, and publishing material that furthers the aims of the Academy.Promoting better cooperation and understanding between lawyers and expert witnesses.
- Sharing expertise in order to resolve legal conflicts justly and expeditiously.
- Providing a forum for exchange of information in the field of forensic science.
- Using the skills and knowledge within the membership to promote the resolution of national and international issues in Medicine, Science, and the Law.
The first meeting of the Academy was held in 1960.